Introduction to Biomanufacturing 1 covers basic and state-of-the-art biomanufacturing methodologies, delivered by a diverse range of university teachers and industry guest lectures. Our course will take you on a compact deep-dive into today’s technologies, approaches and stories, which shape Life Science and biomanufacturing in Denmark and abroad.
Whether you are a career starter or changer, come from a non-related field of science, education or professional background, this course will introduction you to the fundamental and application knowledge of biotechnologies.
We start our course by introducing the basics of life science and reviewing the relevant terminology related to biomanufacturing. A tour of our pilot plant facilities will expose you to real reactors and process units and allow you to see and experience how manufacturing equipment works together.
Through our course, you will become familiar with the power of automation and the new age of DNA Foundries and data science. You will explore how software modeling and new science in Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and Big Data change the shape of our understanding of life and how to work with these technologies. We invite a selection of industrial lectures to cover biomanufacturing topics from different angles.
At DTU, we are passionate about technology and people. Have you have ever wondered to develop a process, what methods you could use to influence the economic outcome, or what it takes to bring a technology from laboratory to production scale? We are happy to teach you how we are doing it.
By the end of the course, you will have a basic understanding of industrial biotechnology and its application areas, the fundamentals of biomanufacturing, its terminology, methodologies, and strategies and be able to:
- Describe the basic concepts of Biomanufacturing
- Understand the common tools and instruments used in the fermentation process
- Discuss examples of industrial bioproduction
- Discuss challenges in scale up and scale down of bioprocesses
- Reflect on the use and potential of industry 4.0 / digitalization in biomanufacturing
- Recognize common problems and suggest solutions
Who should attend?
Our Introduction to Biomanufacturing course I is especially beneficial for individuals who need to become more knowledgeable about the field of biological manufacturing and production, technology and process development, and are curious about automation and data science in biotechnology. This course targets professionals with background, skills, and/or experience in the following areas:
- Natural scientists from a different field of expertise
- Engineering and production disciplines from design, planning, RD and operations
- Postdocs and senior scientists who want to update themselves in a different science field
- Non-scientific professionals from administration, finance, sales or other non-technical disciplines, who are seeking to gain a thorough understanding of biotechnology and applied tools and methods.
Participants do not need to have specific knowledge in the field of biotechnology other than a basic high-school level understanding of natural sciences.
Chief Commercial Officer